Creamy Potato Celeriac Soup
1.2 kg potato, peeled
260 g leek
150 g celeriac root, peeled
130 g carrot, peeled
2-3 cloves garlic
100 g olive oil
1 sprig of parsley
100 g soy cream (Alpro brand, from the cream section of the supermarket)
30g boullion powder
2 teaspoon salt (check to taste)
1.4 Litres hot water
150g celeriac, peeled
380g potato, peeled
2 medium onions
1 small bunch parsley
- Chop all vegetables and herbs roughly.
- Cover with the water, and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer for 10 min.
- Add oil, parsley, boullion powder, and salt. Cook for 20 min or till veggies are soft.
- Add soy cream, and blend till smooth. This is a thick & creamy soup. Some blenders may need a short rest during blending.
- Dice celeriac and potato into small 1cm cubes. Toss in olive oil (approx 2 Tbsp) and a generous pinch of salt.
- Bake 190 degrees for 25 – 30 min – they should be turning golden and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Halve and peel the onions. Slice thinly into crescents.
- Heat some oil in a frypan, add onions and a generous sprinkle of salt, and fry onions till golden.
- Chop chives finely.
Serve soup with a generous sprinkle of fried onions and roasted veggies on top, and a sprinkle of parsley. Also looks nice with a squiggle of soycream…